We had an amazing time of incredible fellowship and transformational teaching at our First Annual Couples in Business retreat this past weekend at Rosen Shingle Creek resort in Orlando, Florida. The theme for the retreat was “Cultivating Intimacy While Growing a Kingdom Company.” Twenty-three couples joined us for ten sessions that covered the topics of faith, family, business, philanthropy and fun. Session highlights included:
- Dave Voetmann spoke on the topic of philanthropy drawing from his experiences at MAF (Mission Aviation Fellowship)
- Terence and Wanda Chatmon shared the importance of creating a written family spiritual plan
- Glenn Repple shared the tax benefits of different estate planning vehicles
- Dr. David Swanson spoke at dinner Thursday night about covenant relationship
- First Lady Deborah Wiggins spoke at dinner on Saturday about Love and Respect in the marriage
- Mike and Kristen Welker shared about how Biblical Entrepreneurship and how Patrice’s coaching has transformed their marriage
- Robert and Bobbie Wolgemuth, along with daughter Julie and her husband Christopher Tassy, shared their stories of entrepreneurship in the family through multiple generations
- Joe and Heather Bogdahn and Mike and Kristen Welker shared their story of partnership in a kingdom business
- Robert and Bobbie Wolgemuth took us through Noah and his wife in their devotional, Couples of the Bible.
- Deborah Hart ministered to us with worship on Sunday morning
- Patrice and Gina released the new Couples In Business curriculum that will be available online soon
- Emcees Robert and Bobbie Wolgemuth did an incredible job keeping us on track and entertained with humor
Make plans to join us next year at our Second Annual Couples in Business retreat! Stay tuned for details!